Monday, January 21, 2008

This Week

For the most part, this past week has been fairly uneventful. Branna is back into the "normal" routine: playing, taking a few naps, and eating every few hours. She's still not sleeping through the night, but the last several days have been even worse, with her sometimes waking up every hour! I think it's probably due to the fact that she is cutting two upper teeth. Around 6 months, the bottom two teeth came in with no problems... in fact, I didn't even know she was getting the teeth until they were already protruding through the gums!

This round of teething has been a completely different story. She's been more irratable and wakeful and is definitely in more pain. Tylenol helps, but I don't want to give it to her all the time. Yesterday, I bought homeopathic teething tablets and they seem to be working. I hate that she's not feeling good, but I know it's part of being a baby. :(

Branna has also become more interested in Walker, our cat, in the last few days. She has always gotten a thrill out of "petting" Walker (i.e. grabbing and pulling her fur), but lately it's become more aggressive. I thought the first time that Walker fought back, Branna would learn her lesson, but apparently Branna is more determined than I realized... I guess that's just a preview of what's to come, as I am finding out Branna is definitely her own person with a very determined personality. :)

1 comment:

Patrick said...

That's a great picture! I'm glad I got to see both of you at the AAS meeting.