Friday, May 14, 2010

Menu: May 17-21

Maybe blogging about my menu is going to turn out to be a really good thing for me staying on top of my families menu and staying better organized. I feel like I've also had more inspiration. So, even if it doesn't turn into the recipe exchange I was hoping for, at least I've made some headway! :)

As I go along, I might be making changes to how I present the menu each week. I don't know what the best format will be, so I'll just find out by trial and error. Starting out, I'm going to post on my blog what I'm going to be making (hyperlinking it to the recipe's website), give the store that I'll be buying from, and any other pertinant information. I'll still post the recipe on the calendar and remember to post yours, too.

Menu for May 17-21:

May 17
  • Rosemary chicken (I have a ton of dried rosemary that I need to use, so what better way to use it than with chicken? NF [Newflower] has chicken on sale)
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Fresh steam green beans (Sprouts)

May 18
  • Black bean zucchini quesadillas (Sprouts has zucchini)
  • Raw Veggies (Both Sprouts and NF have good prices on produce like cucumbers, bell peppers, and celery)

May 19
  • Egg "McMuffin" (NF has large brown cage-free eggs on sale. I also have a coupon for free turkey bacon through Kraft's First Taste. I get coupons for free items about once a month.)
  • Raw Veggies and fresh fruit

May 20
  • Lemon Garlic Salmon (Both NF and Sprouts have salmon on sale. NF's Coho salmon is a couple dollars cheaper.)-- For this recipe, I get HEB's scampi sauce (or your choice) and simply pour it over the salmon with some lemon juice. Bake at 350 degrees about 10-15 minutes.
  • Spinach parmesan millet (I buy millet in the bulk section at Sprouts. It supposedly has a higher protein value than couscous or quinoa.)-- Cook millet according to package directions. Add fresh, chopped spinach. Just before serving stir in desired amount of parmesan.
  • Fresh salad or steamed green beans (NF has bunched leafy greens, Sprouts has the green beans)
May 21
I won't be cooking since we're going out of town for the night

I know that some of you reading don't have Newflower or Sprouts and these specific weekly menus aren't as helpful as far as sales go. But, keep in mind that really the main reason I'm wanting to have this calendar is to help me (and possibly others reading this, too) always have good recipes on hand. So, feel free to share! :)

No comments: