Yes, it's been a while since I've actually made a post... for reasons, I'm sure you understand. Our new family is doing great. Branna is such a good big sister and a great helper. Branna has had some rough patches brought on by not getting our full attention, but overall things have fallen into place.
At 4 weeks, Atlie still doesn't have much of a schedule, so we mainly just try for a daily routine. Branna and I have still been doing school most everyday. After Atlie is fed and settled, we start.
Before baby, I wasn't entirely sure how school was going to work, but now I'm very glad that we've been able continue. It gives Branna (and me) a constructive and not-so-abstract activity to do together. (By not-so-abstract, I mean Branna has really gotten into pretend play. It's so much fun to watch her imagination at work. For instance, right now, she's really into Peter Pan. Playing the role of Peter, she pretends to fly or chase Captain Hook or save Tiger Lily. However, for me it can be mentally exhausting to be the co-star in her adventures all day.)
On top of the usual school tasks, some recent activities have included learning about the post office and Thanksgiving, of course. During our week of studying about the post office, Branna wrote and mailed letters to some friends, learned what happens when a letter is mailed, and set up her own mock post office.
Preparing her "mail"
The mail is delivered!
Our main Thanksgiving activity involved setting up a mock Thanksgiving feast and practicing table manners. I thought this activity was especially appropriate for us. Since we have a 4 week old, we won't be travelling as a family. However, Branna is making a special trip to Grandma Honey's house for the holiday... her first overnight trip away from home! I really wanted to practice good table manners and thinking about acting like a big girl. We'll see if our practice run paid off.
Dinner is served! (I think this is the same group that had mail delivered to them... they are popular!)









1 comment:
Thanksgiving play paid off quite well. Kara Sue and Elmer were impressed with Branna's manners. She told me that she practiced and did pretend everything; she said, "I even said a pretend prayer!!!"
Well, her "real" prayer yesterday was precious. I'm so thankful she was able to spend the holiday with us.
Another Branna "funny"...she hollered at me from the bathroom yesterday, "Hey, Mamaw Honey, I wiped my pee-pee off the toilet. Are you thankful for that?" How could I NOT be? :)
Post a Comment