Thursday, December 16, 2010

Holiday Wishes

With everything that's been going on over the past few months, it's been a while since we've been able to participate in a Little Helping Hands activity. This past weekend, we were finally able to get involved again!
As one might suspect, there are lots of opportunities to volunteer in the month of December. For our activity, we chose to wrap presents for children who have been taken out of their homes and placed in foster care. It was a really neat experience.
Each child made a holiday wish list. From that list, they received at least 2 gifts to open. Apparently, there were alot of generous donors! I was surprised and excited at the number of presents there were to wrap. Branna really enjoyed too, but often got distracted by all the neat toys that were being wrapped.

Branna and Daddy, sacking up...
and setting out the toys out to be delivered

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Obviously, we haven't talked enough this week! I didn't know ya'll did that, but I sure am glad you did!:) I'm ready to get out of school at 1:00 tomorrow and chill out.