Thursday, July 28, 2011

Atlie at 9 months (July 27)

It seems like there has been an explosion of development for you this month! You are so active and can do so many things, it can be hard to keep track of your accomplishments.

Your motor skills are really developing. You've started clapping, which you really like to do when you think you've done something praise-worthy. Of course, I join in with you! You've also starting to point with your finger and your pincer grasp is getting more accurate every day.



One of your biggest accomplishments this month is that you took your first step... and right now it seems to be your only one. I think I got over-excited about it and pushed you too much because now you refuse. As soon as you think I'm going to let you go, you get noodle legs and plop to the floor. But, you've gotten really confident with your pusher and can really get going!



You've also started signing a little bit this month. It's not all the time, but so far you've signed milk and more. I think by the time 10 months rolls around, you'll have gotten them down consistently.



Last month, I thought you were getting top 2 teeth, but actually it was 3! (front 2 and a canine) And as of today, you're getting the second canine. In just a few days, you'll have 6 teeth!



No comments: