Thursday, July 18, 2013

Aisley at 8 months (July 17)

It's hard to believe that 8 months have passed since your birthday!  Eight months just doesn't seem possible and even more unbelievable to me is that your 1st birthday is just right around the corner.

This month has been a month of discoveries.  You are coming out of the "little baby" stage and entering into the "little girl" time.  I am seeing you understand more and more and interacting with us and your sisters.  One of the funniest things is you understanding "no" and throwing a fit about it.  I've seen you swat at Atlie when you've gotten frustrated with her. (You've done it to me too... not so funny! :) )


You can go from crawling to sitting now.  You've also started pulling up on things and can walk along furniture.  You've even taken a your first assisted steps, although, you are very cautious and don't like to do it very much.
(I love how you are resting your belly on the dishwasher.)




You also learned how to drink out of a straw this month... Atlie likes to help when she can.

Like I mentioned, you are understanding more and more.  You recognize words and phrases (like "more" and "Where is Daddy?").  Below is a video of one of your favorite things you've learned to do.


It's also been funny to see you fake laugh and cough.  I've tried a few times to get you doing it on video, but you won't do it on cue.
As well, as being such a big girl during the day, you've also mastered sleeping through the night.  I have to say, that that has been one of my favorite milestones this month! :)

No comments: