Sunday, September 8, 2013

Aisley at 9 Months (August 17)

Over this month, I have seen you becoming ever more aware of your surroundings.  You have really turned the corner from being a baby, to on your way to toddler-hood.  I love watching you make new discoveries (like how your hands work and what happens when you drop something).  You are so observant and do your best to mimmick sounds (like snapping and whistling) and even try to recreate events (like bonking your head or falling).



You definitely have a sense of humor already, too.  When we were at Grandma Lena's house last time, I tried I couple of PaPa's old wigs on you.  You thought it was hilareous and couldn't stop laughing.  (It was pretty funny!)




Even though you've understood some signs for a couple of months now, this month you've actually signed some of them.  In particular: more (said this too), Daddy, and no (at least tries by waving an arm).

Your main mode of locomotion is still army crawling (and you can GO!) but you've gotten more comfortable with hands-and-knees crawling, mainly over short distances.  However, I think it will only be a matter of time before you're walking since you've started standing without assistance for short periods of time.



When I give you Cheerios in your "non-spillable" bowl (haha), it's pretty easy to find where you are and where you've been. You have figured out that if you get a finger over the flap, you can get the Cheerios out more easily, but it also creates a huge mess.  Fortunately, you usually make your way back around and eat the trail.







You've also gained 3 top teeth this month (that makes 5 total) and another one is on the way.


photo 1.JPG











No comments: