Thursday, November 21, 2013

Happy birthday, Aisley!!! (and some much needed catch up)

I can't believe that you are already a year old!  How this year has passed so quickly and I feel so bad that  3 has slipped by without a monthly update.  All I can say, is it's busy around here!
I had to go back to the 9 month post to see what your latest accomplishments were and it truly is amazing how much you've developed and grown over these last months.  You can sign several things (some of them are: play, baby, more, no, light, daddy) and your understanding of words and signs is incredible.
You can identify several body parts like your head, eyes, and toes.
You love animals and can make several animals noises.  A cow's moo is your favorite.  You figured out how to make the moo during our Netherland's trip where you saw lots of cows!
Just after 9 months, you started full-fledged crawling and you can move fast!  I've been surprised that you haven't started walking yet since your sisters did so early (Branna: 10 months, Atlie: 9), but I think it's just because you're so cautious.  I've seen you stand on your own for brief periods, so it's just a matter of time.  However, even though you're not walking, you have figured out how to climb.  If you can get your leg up on it, you take the opportunity to climb up.  But, what's really awesome is, that for the most part, you have figured out how to get off by backing off with your legs first.
You have also started shaking your head no.  This originated because you started biting my legs and I would tell you know and shake my head.  After a few times of this, you would start to bite me, but then shake your head. :)
You've always loved music and it's been fun to see you start dancing when you hear a tune you like.  Sometimes you shake your head so hard, you almost fall over.  It's pretty funny.
For your birthday, we had a small family party and you had your first "cupcake".  You loved it!








No comments: